Back to the Shack



So on yesterday I was in the Galleria area with 2 of my friends, and since we knew that we were going to be there, we planned to go to The Shake Shack. After it's stellar opening on November 4th, I was more than excited to bring my friends here to try the foods which I had previously enjoyed.

As we walked in, I noticed a vast difference from their grand opening. There was no velvet rope keeping people in line, no security guard at the door, and I was able to walk right up into the restaurant and get in line. A process which previously took 45-50 minutes, took all of about 10 minutes.
 
Well that's the good part, but unfortunately I wasn't as pleased with the food as I was on my first visit. I wanted to get the same exact meal that I had previously: The Shack Burger, Cheese Fries, House Made Lemonade, and a Strawberry Shack Shake. The bun quality was still as soft and buttery as I remembered, but the meat in my burger wasn't well seasoned, my cheese fries wasn't very crispy which is necessary to uphold the cheese sauce, and my homemade lemonade was quite tart. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed with my dining options. I also was disappointed that I brought my friends here, and the food didn't live up to my hype. I wanted so badly to enjoy my meal, so that I could reminisce on my first visit, and add new memories to my repertoire, but reality is what really happens, and I really wasn't fulfilled with my meal. I am glad to say that I absolutely loved my strawberry shake, which thankfully was just as delicious as before. Another thing I appreciated is that the restaurant was still very clean, the ambience is sill great, and the staff is still very friendly.
 
I wondered if I had caught them on a bad day or at  a bad time. I'm hoping that opening day's food wasn't a thing of the past, and today's food was as good as it's going to get. I will have to revisit again to make that determination, and of course I will fill you guys in on the verdict. This saga is to be continued............
 

Comments

Popular Posts